Within the Student Wellbeing Service, there is a dedicated Wellbeing Adviser who can support students on safe and healthy relationship issues. You can access our support regardless if an incident has happened on or off-campus, or if it happened before you came to Queen’s University.
Examples of support that Student Wellbeing can provide include -
- One-to One Support Meetings
- Allocating cases to a Safe & Healthy Relationship Advocate for further support.
- Referrals to external specialist Support Agencies i.e. Nexus NI, Women’s Aid, Men’s Advisory Project etc.
- Accommodation adjustments and relocation depending on availability
- Academic adjustments (where possible)
- Explaining the reporting options and processes available
- Navigating systems and resources within the University and the community
People react and deal with these types of incidences in many different ways. Any way you choose to proceed will be fully respected; our team will support you on whatever path works best for you.
We will handle your disclosure within the bounds of confidentiality and will respect any decisions you make. All cases are managed on an individual basis depending on the circumstances and wishes of the student.
If you have any concerns or would just like to speak to someone, please avail of our drop in service that runs Monday-Friday from 12:30pm-1:30pm.
Contact Student Wellbeing:
T: 028 9097 2893